Stellenbosch University is looking for a junior Librarian to assist preferably at the main campus on stellenbosch. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology, or A Bachelor’s degree in Library & Information Science, or an equivalent qualification
- At least three years’ experience working in an academic library in a client service role by assisting clients with queries of a technical and non-technical support nature
- Knowledge of information retrieval, database search strategies, metadata and the use of search engines
- Knowledge of digital and information literacy and the successful delivery thereof during training sessions
- General knowledge of the scope and variety of both printed and electronic information sources
- Providing client service to clients of the Learning Commons
- Developing the digital and information literacy skills of SU students by creating generic e-learning material
- Supporting and collaborating with Library IT concerning the maintenance and testing of equipment and new profiles for computers in the Learning Commons and e-classroom
- Providing IT and software support to both students and staff in the Learning Commons and e-classroom with respect to the use of all electronic equipment
- Detecting and reporting problems regarding software, printers, scanners and other IT functionalities
- Ensuring that the computer equipment and software in the Learning Commons are functioning optimally and that there is a sufficient supply of consumables
Was this helpful?
0 / 0
#IT #Junior Librarian #Stellenbosch University