South African Reserve Bank is looking for an IT Audit Specialist that will plan, conduct and report on complex Data Analytics and audit assignments in order to provide independent objective assurance and consulting services. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- an Honours’ degree in Computer Science, Accounting or Internal Auditing;
- a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation;
- five to eight years’ experience within a Data Analytics environment (Experience in Application control reviews will be an added advantage); and
- three years’ experience in leading teams.
- industry, business, and organizational knowledge and skill;
- quality assurance knowledge and skill;
- continuous improvement knowledge and skill;
- continued learning/professional development knowledge and skill;
- accounting principles, frameworks, and knowledge of origination, recording, and disclosure of accounting transactions;
- risk management principles, tools, methodologies, frameworks, policies and processes knowledge, and skill.
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, checklists, models, frameworks and templates governing internal auditing in the SARB.
- Stay abreast of, and apply theoretical and applied developments in, the field of data analytics and IT auditing.
- Conduct audit assignments and work with a team on more complex audit environments to conduct research and compile research reports.
- Define the scope and objectives of audit assignments and set up audit programmes to address objectives and to assist with managing projects or assignments to targeted milestones.
- Effectively communicate the status of internal Data analytics assignments to both client management and internal audit management.
- Review the work of junior auditors and provide the necessary on-the-job coaching and training.
- Execute the audit programme by conducting adequacy assessments and audit tests.
- Evaluate the results of audit tests and ensure the evidence is sufficient to support results.
- Prepare audit recommendations, or parts thereof, and compile thorough, concise and reliable audit reports.
- Present audit findings and recommendations to the audit team for review and participate in meetings to report back on audit findings to departments.
- Monitor departmental responses to audit recommendations and draft progress reports.
- Brief and make presentations to departments on their compliance as well as internal control processes and status.
South African Reserve Bank
R340 978 Per Annum