PepsiCo seeks qualified Inventory Controllers who are innovative doers and thinkers with a global mindset and ready to become leaders of the future. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- Matric with a tertiary qualification in Inventory Management/ Supply Chain/ Logistics or a relevant commercial qualification.
- 3 years’ experience and knowledge of Warehouse Inventory (preferably, within the FMCG industry).
- Compile and report on warehouse statistics (Warehouse stock variances, deliveries by Suppliers, staff productivity, etc.)
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook) and knowledge/experience of a Warehouse Management System would be an advantage.
- Supervisory skills – Manage a team of Stock Checkers, Storemen and other warehouse front line staff).
- Ability to influence and implement changes regarding inventory management in the Service Centre.
- The ability to successfully communicate with people across all levels of the organization.
- Reconcile the suspense accounts on a daily basis.
- Track and monitor variances and locked inventory in the Warehouse.
- Manage, plan and organize the warehouse cycle counts.
- Analyze the Isando Service Centre Stock Account (55150) on a monthly basis by investigating all overspends and compile a detailed report by category and communicate findings to the Finance Department.
- Control the receipt and despatch of stock (at receiving/despatch area) to ensure all stock items are accounted for at all times.
- Develop and maintain the pre and post cycle count procedures.
- Manage the Stock Checkers to be able to monitor inventory locations at all times.
- Use the Inventory reports to manage and maintain the inventory in the warehouse.
- Ensure that the Stock Checkers check inventory in the locked locations to make inventory available for picking on a continuous basis.
- Rectify the warehouse inventory by ensuring that incorrect inventory in the pick face is checked on an on-going and daily basis.
- Provide the number of pick exceptions to the Stock Checkers on a continuous basis.
- Manage and distribute the expired inventory report to the Operations Team on a daily basis.
- Monitor and improve the stock control processes – check and report variances on a weekly and periodic basis as may be required from time to time.
- Assist Storemen and Stock Checkers as and when needed to resolve any hindrance that prevents them from successfully completing the task given by carrying out the subsequent system alteration/transaction.