McCain Foods understands the recipe for healthy growth within our organization: great working conditions, a rewarding environment, room to grow and a little loving care. Seeks candidates that will operate the Sandiacre FFS machine, to form, fill and seal bags with the correct poly and weight with speed and quality. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information
- Grade 12.
- Computer Literate.
- 1 years’ experience with Packaging Equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in operating an FFS machine ie Sandiacre Hayssen Bagmaker and/or GEA
- Bagger with Ishida and/or Yamato multihead weigher is essential.
- Able to handle conflict.
- Diligent and good attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Required to work shifts.
- Operate the packing machine to its optimal capacity to meet and/or exceed standard line rates.
- Change over from one product to another iro poly material to be done with precision.
- Keep to the production plan and make changes to have the correct poly for the relevant product.
- Setting up and calibration of metal detector.
- Select the correct program on the Loma bag check weigher for the relevant product.
- Calibrate Loma check weigher once per shift.
- Ensure that the Engineering department is aware of all breakdowns.
- Complete hourly weight check sheet and submit to Packing Supervisor.
- Ensure Ishida weight specification is set at the correct target weight and upper weight limit to meet “give away” specification.
- Address all out of specification incidents immediately ie example over/underweight bags, illegible date code printing, poor cross and back sealing.
- Ensure that the metal detector is operational at all times. No deviation is allowed.
- Maintain good housekeeping, safety and hygiene standards on shift at all times.
- Ensure all poly rolls are scanned in on SAP.
McCain Foods (South Africa) Pty Ltd