|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2019|
Accounting & Finance
- To proactively promote a relationship based offering through a primary point of contact, which meets the client’s expectations by providing them with personalised financial solutions in line with the Customer Value Proposition.
- To support the Private Banker in providing a relationship based offering to the Sub-Segment, which meets customer expectations both on a personal and business level by ensuring that personalised service levels are maintained and cross-sell opportunities are maximized, while ensuring strict compliance with laid-down risk management controls and credit procedures.
New Accounts (Current, Savings, Investments and Loans)
- Ensures that all required documentation has been provided with the account opening applications received from the Private Banker for new accounts to be opened, and that the forms have been fully completed.
- Requests full general reports, in need.
- Prepares account holder records and new mandates for signature, in need.
- Opens or upgrades account/s on Branch Delivery System (BDS).
- Ensures that accounts reflect the correct market segment, customer representative, portfolio number and importance level
- Separates KYC documents and Accountholder Records and prepare for onward forwarding to be imaged.
- Updates account notepad with comprehensive notes, and capture override of credit score declines on authority of credit module, where applicable.
- Arranges for transfer of customer debit orders, if required.
- Attends to linking and de-linking of accounts to cards.
- Loads Electronic Account Payment limit on card.
- Adds customer details to the birthday list and client list.
- Prepares mandate files and file in annexure file cabinet.
- Prepares welcome packs for Private Bankers
Amendments to accounts
- Capture amendments to accounts as per customer instructions.
- Prepare fresh mandates, when necessary & file new mandates in customer annexure file.
- Update account notepad with comprehensive notes regarding amendments.
- Attend to electronic account payments limit increases.
Closing of accounts
- Refer any requests to close a client’s primary account or any investment accounts to the Private Banker, whose authority must be obtained before the instruction is carried out.
- Attend to the closing of secondary accounts when these are no longer operational and not required.
Transactions on behalf of customers
- Ensure that an up-to-date original indemnity is held for the customer before accepting instructions via facsimile, e-mail or telephone.
- Attend to requests for inter-account transfers and electronic inter-bank payments and ensure proper account notes are made, when applicable.
- Issue visa letters when requested by customers.
- Order replacement MasterCards and AutoBank cards when requested by customers.
- Attend to the clearing and releasing of funds for customers.
- Authorise encashments at away branches.
- Give notice on notice deposits when requested by customers.
- Ensure that transfers to money market accounts are done correctly and check to confirm that the transaction has been done as instructed.
- Attend to & follow up on any requests from customers & log on GIJIMA
Customer problem resolution
- Resolve all customer queries, whether walk-in, telephone, e-mail or fax, with regard to:
- Account information;
- ATM and MasterCard transactions;
- Audit certificates and certificates of balance;
- Bank charges;
- Copies of cheques, deposits and copy statements via Gijima;
- Debit orders and electronic account payments;
- Foreign exchange transactions;
- Fund managers
Information relating to transactions on accounts
- Interest queries whether on debit or credit balances;
- Investment disposal instructions;
- Inward and outward correspondence, including returned mail;
- Lost remittances;
- Offshore Accounts / Transactions;
- Reversal of charges;
- Vehicle and Asset Finance (VAF) and Home Loans;
- Stop orders;
- Stop payments; and
- Unpaid cheques.
- Load Queries on Gijima (over 3 minute resolution) and monitor to ensure that they are resolved within laid-down turn-around times and that root causes of recurring problems are identified and addressed promptly.
Home loan accounts
- Capture home loan applications and keep copies of documents.
- Advise customer continuously of status of application until approval and registration and make appropriate notes on BDS.
- Process AccessBond applications and ensure that the account is linked and accessible via the ATM.
- Apply for rate concessions and ensure rates are loaded correctly.
- Attend to requests to amend home loan debit orders.
- Obtain credit bureau clearance for all new and review credit applications.
- Assess financial statements.
- Attend to requirements and capture credit applications for all credit facilities (new facilities as well as the review of facilities), including Guarantees by Bank and Property Guarantees, and the application for collateral documents, where required.
- Issue Banker’s Acceptances on approval from credit once rates have been established with Treasury Division and update Banker’s Acceptances Register.
- Apply for increases of MasterCard/Dinersclub Card limits.
- Action items for the portfolio on EDAS and ensure comprehensive notes are made when contesting a decision.
- Respond to all correspondence/queries raised by Credit Direct and the Credit Centre.
Responsive sales and marketing
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and support migration initiatives.
- Communicate with customers in such a manner as to take advantage of the opportunity to market/cross-sell existing products and promote new business.
- Pass leads for sales opportunities on to the Private Banker.
- Advise the Private Banker whenever a bank report is requested from another financial institution, with a view to bringing business over to the agent bank resulting in a potential loss of business / client from portfolio
- Action the following reports according to laid-down instructions:
- Report 0051 (Marketing Credit balance list);
- Report 0099 (Assessed overdraft interest exceptions);
- Report 0100 (Group accounts assessed overdraft interest exceptions);
- Report 1007 (Current account interest exceptions);
- Report 2051 (Important Transaction Journal);
- Report 2082 (Current account pricing audit);
- Report 2084 (Current account pricing daily action);
- Report 2099 (Account business audit report);
- Report 7850 (Current accounts – Daily listing of accounts)
- Report 8665 (Cash deposit fee - Specials) and
- Report 10455 (Report of profile balance information)
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Good knowledge of the sub-segment Value Proposition and strategy.
- Good knowledge of priority banking products and investment options, including the documentation requirements underpinning them.
- Good knowledge of existing customer portfolios.
- Knowledge of branch and OSC processes.
- Knowledge of credit behavioural and application scoring principles and systems.
- Knowledge of risk management principles and practices.
- Basic knowledge of competitor products/services relevant to the priority market.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Computer literate (MS Office).
- Attendance of applicable SBSA training courses, e.g product knowledge, sales skills.
- Knowledge of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
- Qualifications and experience as determined by the “Fit and Proper Requirements” of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act meeting the NQF6 level.
- RE5 Exam completed
- AFM would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years Personal & Business Banking experience in the Service and Support areas
- People management experience.