|Location||East London, South Africa|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2019|
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : Transnet Freight Rail
Position Title : Technician-in-Training
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Infra Engineeri
Location : Various Locations
Reporting To : Maintenance Manager: Planning
Grade Level : GN
Reference Number : 50014501
The purpose of the Engineering Development Programme is:
- To create capacity and ensure proper maintenance and availability of the network through competent employees
- To attract young graduates who align themselves with the Transnet culture charter and delivery promise of on time
- The programme offers TFR engineering personnel an opportunity to develop a career within the organisation
- It is our desire that our graduates reach their objectives of professional registration (ECSA / Government Certificate of
- East London
- Port Elizabeth
- It will be compulsory for the candidates (during the 24 month training period) to acquire technical training in their own
discipline to prepare them to do their technical job and also to enable them to register.
- It will also be compulsory for candidates to rotate through the various disciplines to get background in other technical
fields, however still focussing on their core discipline.
- The objective is to have a rounded employee who has an understanding of all the TFR business.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Industrial & Civil Engineering
- Applicants must have completed their P1-P2.
- Applicants must have graduated with the required discipline qualifications
NB: Employees will be placed at depots as per business requirements
NB: The candidate must meet the minimum inherent health requirements of the job