|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2019|
To deliver excellent technical (Electrical and Mechanical) service to maintain plant machine availability above departmental targets, thus contributing to set production targets. Maintain high levels of repairs and workmanship. Adhere to all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of machinery as determined by the maintenance plan or Maintenance Supervisor
- Required to be able to dismantle and assemble machinery mechanically and electrically.
- Must be able to work on PLC's, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Motors, Pumps, Robots, Sensors, Valves, Cylinders, Conveyors, Lights, Circuit breakers, etc.
- Mechanically and electrically repair and maintain all presses, induction units, lathes, CNC machinery and shot blast machines, heat treatment plants, cranes and all portable electrical equipment.
- Attend to the scheduled mechanical and electrical servicing and maintenance of all the machinery & tools used in workshop (i.e. lathe, milling machine, drills, hydraulic press, grinders, extensions etc.)
- Assist with the purchasing of spares; be flexible to work both on the forging and CNC side.
- Read mechanical and electrical diagrams, schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures.
- Operate rigging equipment, and forklifts to place heavy machinery and parts.
- Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach and connect motors, and connect couplings and belts to precise tolerances
- Align and test equipment mechanically and electrically, and take necessary corrective action.
- Perform Arc, Gas & TIG welding during breakdowns.
- Perform planned and preventative maintenance tasks and routine inspection
- Maintain safe working procedures (SHE inspections), good housekeeping and 5S.
- Completion of job cards and report back on findings and action taken.
- Apply lock-out procedures without exception.
- Be available for overtime, shifts and standby.
- Monitor and assist in developing apprentices and workshop assistants.
- Maintains records of repairs made, work orders and time worked.
- Responsible for all safety aspects during maintenance tasks
- Matric and qualification in a technical trade.
- N4 or NQF equivalent.
- 5 years’ applicable trade experience after Trade test certificate.
- Formal training and knowledge on Siemens S7 (programming and troubleshooting).
- Good mechanical and electrical insight in the repair of CNC machinery.
- Willingness to work overtime/shifts and to be on standby.
- Ability to work well in a team, and lead a team of Artisans.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics on CNC machinery.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics on Forging Press machinery.
- Good problem solving skills, and customer liaison skills.
- Good communicator.
Must be able to work with minimum supervision