|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2019|
Construction / Facilities
Manager: PA Project Management Office
To provide leadership, strategic direction and guidance on regulatory projects for the entire Prudential Authority. The role is also responsible for management of permanent and temporary staff in the Projects Division. The incumbent will interact with PA senior management in terms of giving progress feedback on PA wide regulatory projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
- Management of regulatory projects applying recognised project management approaches and principles where applicable.
- Management of highly skilled professional staff (temporary and permanent) in order to successfully implement all identified projects throughout the project management cycle.
- Leading on aspects of change management with the Prudential Authority.
- Contributing in the alignment of the deliverables by the PA Project Management Office, the Business Solutions and Technology Department, Strategy Management Office and the PA Transformation Programme.
- Contribute to deliberation on the PA programme Steering Committee by giving progress feedback on the various projects.
- Assuming responsibility for implementation of all allocated projects within required timelines and within agreed budget.
- Ensure that programme and project risks are identified, assessed and that adequate and effective risk mitigating measures are implemented by the programme and project owners.
- Manage the performance and development of direct reports, provide technical guidance, and promote and support career management and development within the division.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- A minimum of a Post-graduate qualification in Economics/ Accounting/ Finance/ Law OR equivalent. Combination of education and job-related experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the financial sector or regulatory environment with at least five (5) years in implementation of strategic projects.
- At least two years’ experience of managing teams
Additional requirements are as follows:
- Advanced Project management
- An understanding of Prudential Authority (PA) Supervision, regulation and legislation
- Understanding of the financial sector and related key developments, particularly within banking, insurance, co-operatives, retirement funds, collective investments schemes or market infrastructures, both domestically and abroad
- Good knowledge of Finance, Economics and Markets
- Research methodologies
- Report writing
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants MUST apply through the ERP system.
External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za
· All available vacancies will be visible.
· Follow these links: [email protected] > Current vacancies (register and apply online).
· To log in (right-hand side of the screen):
– Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (ensure that you include all your qualifications and skills during the registration process); OR
– Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here.
Date posted > Last 6 weeks (in the dropdown menu)
Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department