|Location||Port of Ngqura, South Africa|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2019|
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : [email protected]
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : TPT Nqgura CT
Position Title : SHEQ Officer
Employee Group : Permanent
Department : SHERQ
Location : Ngqura
Reporting To : SHERQ Manager
Grade Level : G
Reference Number : 200033931
To ensure that all relevant and updated procedures are issued / implemented at work places and that the NOSA / OHSAS
18001, ISO14001, ISO 9001 SHERQ Management systems are implemented and maintained in all section within the Ngqura
Container Terminal. Be part of a task team to investigate incidents, accidents and assets damage/theft with the objective of
1. Conduct induction training to new employees and contractors coming on site
2. Conduct SHE inspection to ensure adherence to the SHE systems and legislation.
3. Arrange monthly SHERQ Committee meetings.
4. To attend monthly committee SHERQ meetings at sections to ensure that corrective actions are taken regarding
5. Submit monthly SHERQ reports to the SHERQ Manager.
6. Compile monthly SHERQ Reports for the SHERQ Manager regarding the incident and IOD’s and update the NOSA board
for public awareness.
7. Develop and review procedures to ensure compliance with legislation and policies.
8. Monitor the OHSAS 18001 / NOSA management systems to ensure effectiveness.
9. Conduct incidents investigations and recommend corrective actions.
10. Conduct SHERQ Awareness training
11. Conduct Risk Assessments in conjunction with the SHERQ Manager.
12. To ensure compliance to incoming contractors documentation and HIRA’s for compliance.
13. To rotate / show safety posters to internal staff for awareness purposes.
14. Conduct refresher safety/health induction training to permanent employees.
15. Manage corrective actions on the database (TOMS) to track the trends on non – compliances.
16. Submit monthly deviation reports to Line Managers.
17. Conduct fire and evacuation drills
18. Conduct / accompany external auditor when conducting compliance audits.
19. Capture and administer SHE incidents an non-conformances on TOMS
20. Audit construction and maintenance contractors
21. Conduct SHEQ internal audits as required by management systems and/or procedures.
22. Ensure that all SHEQ appointments are made as required by legislation or SHEQ systems.
Qualifications & Experience:
- National Diploma in Health, Safety or Environment
Minimum Years Relevant Experience:
1 - 2 years experience in the SHERQ field