|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2019|
The Siemens Gas and Power Operating Company offers a broad spectrum of innovative products and services, to enable our customers within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries to achieve high reliability and optimal performance of their rotating power equipment.
In addition to our conventional services we offer Digital Services that enable customers to create new business models and lead their risk, improve their performance and ultimately increase their profitability.
Job Title: Quality Manager
About the role
The Quality Manager develops and implements the overarching Quality mission and strategy, ensure implementation of related Quality policies and guidelines, and act as quality consultant for the GP-SD organization in relation to the following responsibilities:
- Manages organization unit(s) assigned, and leads and/or coordinates dedicated supervisors and professionals.
- Collaborates with the QM-network and business accountable units (e.g. R&D, Purchase, SPS etc.) to achieve quality business goals.
- Ensures implementation and improvement of the quality part of the Integrated Management System (including process management) for the respective organization according to the overall quality strategy and respective local regulations.
- Executes the audit program (including certification where applicable) and assessments.
- Implements the global quality programs within the organization and monitors the effectiveness of these programs.
- Drives continuous improvement with management team and lessons learned across assigned organizations.
- Ensures that product safety activities are in line with internal and external regulations.
- Contributes to analyze customer quality requirements and satisfaction (e.g. NPS) appropriately in order to meet customer expectations.
- Ensures that quality specific external communication towards customers and to external authorities.
- Contributes to the identification of internal and external regulations in collaboration with country organization and processes are developed to meet these requirements.
- Ensures professional non-conformance (NC) management and reporting.
- Ensures and controls implementation of quality methods and risk management in processes, projects and products (8D, RCA, Q-Gates, FMEA)
- Ensures and improves the relevant quality reporting including Management Review
- Plans and proposes quality budget, and decides allocation of related financial and personnel resources, within given limits.
- Executes with HR the competence management and training system for quality related competences.
- Implements and adapts the communication to ensure understanding and awareness of specific quality topics. .
What do I need to qualify?
- Bachelors Degree in Quality Management or relevant Engineering related field.
- 7 years technical experience within an Engineering Manufacturing organization;
- 5 years experience in a Quality management role;
Knowledge and Skills:
- The ability to coach and audit Quality Operating System procedures and quality tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Operating System and processes.
- Fluent English language capabilities, both written and oral
- Excellent computer skills required; MS Office Package (Excel, Word, Power point, etc)
- Ability to interface with senior management and cross functional teams.
- Leadership capability to adopt and drive implementation of global best Quality practices
- Problem Solving and the ability to implement relevant solutions to problems or situational changes.
- Quality Assurance and the ability to ensure compliance with manufacturing best practices and regulatory requirements by liaising with Engineering Department.
- Essential to have an in depth knowledge and have worked with relevant ISO systems;
- Experience in managing teams required;
- Extensive knowledge in an Engineering Manufacturing environment advantageous;
- Multi-project execution experience advantageous
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.