|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||October 8, 2019|
Application Specialist Ultrasounds, Africa
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team. We have over 80,000+ brilliant people around the world but are always looking for more like-minded, motivated, focused minds to join us in creating a healthier, more connected society while transforming themselves personally and professionally.
Philips Africa comprises all 54 countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and it has a direct presence in four other African countries, in the cities of Accra, Casablanca, Cairo and Nairobi.
Currently we have the opportunity for a dynamic Application Specialist Ultrasounds Africa to join our Ultrasounds team and support our African market.
The role can be either based in Johannesbourg - SA, Nairobi- Kenya or Cairo - Egypt .
In this role, you have the opportunity to become a recognized expert in ultrasound and to support our customers to reach the maximum performance of the ultrasound they invested in. You will be responsible for knowing, demonstrate and teach the latest technology and communicate on appropriate level with all users. You will be a valuable part of our dynamic sales and application team at Philips and report directly to Business Marketing Manager Africa.
We are looking for a professional with high clinical skills in general ultrasound to take care of customers who have already chosen Philips as their supplier. And to introduce and sell Philips ultrasound at point of procurement.
Your are responsible for:
- Developing and implement training programs for our ultrasound users in Africa
- Customizing the systems to the users' specific requests, in close collaboration with both sellers and users, to maximize clinical performance
- Performing demonstrations, presentations, courses, workshops and lectures to stimulate sales and enhance customer knowledge
- Performing troubleshooting for image quality problems and any other application-related issues a user may have with their Philips system
- Collecting clinical data and information to assist the sales organization in procurement processes
- Becoming an acknowledged expert in your field; continuously develop your skills on the latest features and solutions that Philips develops, as well as stay on top of trends and news in the market.
- Responsible for, together with Account Manager, maintaining and expanding existing customer base.
- Regularly participating in sales planning meetings. Contribute with information about market trends, competitor information and potential new projects at customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills, personality and experience:
- At least 5 years of clinical experience in ultrasound
- High level of knowledge in scanning and using advanced tools and software
- Medical education, sonographer or medical practitioner etc.
- Good communication skills in English (French would be a plus)
- Problem solver for both hardware and software
- Excellent pedagogy and presenter
- Positive and creative personality, open-minded and social
- Must have a driving license and be willing to fly and travel extensively (on weekly basis)
- Excellent communicator, self-starter and ambitious
- Ability to work in a high performance environment
In return, we offer you a dynamic position in an innovative and challenging environment, with likeminded people, where you have the unique opportunity to become an expert in ultrasound and to work with the latest technology, latest clinical processes and the most innovative products. The opportunity to make a real difference in the Healthcare space and have a real impact on people’s lives.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)