|Location||Den Haag, South Africa|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2019|
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development, and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here .
MEAL Officer (Mozambique National only)
Location: Roving (Beira,Zambezia)
- Do you have educational background/ training/ technical knowledge in monitoring, evaluation accountability and learning or relevant sector?
- Do you have work experience in emergency response in the implementation of MEAL activities?
- Do you have knowledge and skills in developing logical frameworks and theories of change, MEAL plans and frameworks
Respond to Cyclone Idai in Mozambique by providing lifesaving assistance to those affected.
MEAL System development and implementation
- Implement the MEAL framework to monitor the Idai response, and gather information for reporting.
- Support Idai Response Team and implementing partners’ M&E staff in implementing the MEAL framework and tools.
- Data gathering, Information management and reporting
- In collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator support the design/updating of data collection tools for the Idai response.
- Collect M&E information periodically including through site visits and write monitoring reports.
- Ensure all data collection at project level.
- Collect M&E information and learning for project reports, case studies and publications.
- Assist to strengthen the accountability mechanisms at project level.
- Implement complaints and feedback mechanism.
- Conducting post distribution monitoring for food and non-food items.
Capacity building for Oxfam and Partner staff
- Support the MEAL Coordinator with capacity building of Oxfam Humanitarian Staff and Implementing Partners on use of MEAL tools and concepts.
- Undertake periodic monitoring and technical support visits to project sites to assess progress against agreed MEAL system and recommend corrective actions as appropriate.
Review, reflection and learning
- Support MEAL Coordinator to organise project learning events to promote learning and to reflect and capture project outcomes and learning, including the Real Time Review.
- Document lessons learned.
- Support the collection of best practices and case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
- Connect to MEAL resources available across the Oxfam confederation to support innovation and best practices.
- Ensuring project compliance.
- Ensuring complaints and feedback mechanisms are in place in project sites and at partner level
- Monitoring and supporting partners and project teams on adherence to standard operating procedures in Oxfam
- Ensuring commodity sign offs for goods received
- Beneficiary registration and verification
- Managing project enumerators
- Program reporting
- Line manage MEAL assistant and any enumerators
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
- Graduation in a relevant area from a recognized university;
- At least 3 years’ experience of work in Development or Humanitarian context projects with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning skills;
- Good knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning tools and systems;
- Experience working with various partners (government, INGOs, civil society organizations and private sector);
- Experience in humanitarian programming an advantage;
- Fluent in written and spoken Portuguese and English;
- Experience of working in a multicultural team is desirable.
- Experience in Humanitarian response is an added advantage
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam, to act as key contributor to the Cyclone Idai responses programme, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their humanitarian fields, offers fair pay Oxfam in Mozambique D1 Salary Grade USD: 1,815/- per month gross and competitive benefits package. You will also be entitled to a contract until 31st Decmber 2019.
How to apply
Please submit your application (including a cover letter stating the position to which you are applying and CV). Due to urgency we will review the applications on a daily basis and may appoint before the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.