|Location||Bellville, South Africa|
|Date Posted||July 21, 2019|
Computers & IT
Who are we?
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia. Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centred on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. What will you do?
Focus on a continuous basis on Process Improvement; Intelligence gathering and Redress in order to minimize the occurrence of misconduct across the Santam Group, as well as forwarding applicable analysis results to relevant stakeholders.The individual operating in this position must have the ability to continuously perform and multi-task with ease across all the following disciplines - data mining capability, data analysis and intelligence gathering in order to support the business. What will make you successful in this role?
- 3 - 5 years related experience & r elevant tertiary qualification
- Qualification in legal, accounting, research, and/or training in investigation methodology recommended
- CFE or CFP qualification adv.
- Insurance (preferably short-term) understanding
- Sound understanding of different IT environments, application and system controls
- Detailed understanding of data structures and various fields reflecting in different IT database environments and applications
- Understanding of potential business integrity risks affecting the industry
- Knowledge of the potential impact of strategic projects on the ever evolving risk landscape, and the impact on other BU’s, systems and processes
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory regulations and keeping abreast of new developments and changes
- Good understanding of financial accounting, business processes, risks and controls
- Sound research skills
- Social media data mining experience
Personal Attributes Decision quality - Stage 2 Communicates effectively - Stage 2 Plans and aligns - Stage 2 Optimises work processes - Stage 2 Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development. Core Competencies Cultivates innovation - Stage 2 Customer focus - Stage 2 Drives results - Stage 2 Collaborates - Stage 2 Being resilient - Stage 2 Turnaround time
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers. Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.