Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments in 17 countries. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.
We are rooted in our purpose of Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
We are looking for an individual who will be the right-hand person for the Executive General Manager. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts.
Administration & support
· Effective management of Executive General Manager’s diary (scheduling of appointments, internal and external meetings and conferences, and ensuring timely resolution of calendar conflicts).
· Provide department with support in relation to arranging functions, venue bookings, making travel arrangements when necessary.
· Responsible for office infrastructure, e.g. office equipment and ordering of stationery.
· Accountable for completing task of a personal nature on behalf of the senior manager.
· Could be accountable for the management of a budget or significant spending on a budget.
· Ensure senior manager is equipped with necessary documentation to proceed with meetings.
· Accountable for minute taking, compiling reports, preparing business presentations and drafting correspondence on behalf of the manager (if required).
· Ability to redirect tasks, queries and escalations to relevant executive’s direct reports.
· Keep a schedule of deadlines and assists manager to achieve them. Manages expectations when deadlines are going to be missed
· Maintains confidentiality of information.
· Develop and manage an efficient filing system.
· Organise complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries (local and international), and compile documents for travel-related meetings. Facilitate visas, forex and booking as well as logistics.
· Perform secretarial duties for executive and other senior employees in the team.
· Supports vendors and external parties with logistics on behalf of executive manager.
· Accepts and lives the company values.
· Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
· Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
· Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of 1 day to a maximum of 3 months.
· Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
· Maintains professional internal and external relationships, at management level.
· Builds and maintains relationships with suppliers and venue coordinators.
· High level of contact with external parties, stakeholders and clients / customers (Company CEOs, Executives etc.).
· Preference for Secretarial or Office Admin qualification.
· 3-5 years senior level PA experience.
· Proficiency in MS Office.
· Some technical knowledge about area of operation.
· Experience in managing budgets.
· Excellent organising skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Deadline orientated.
· Ability to prioritise work in order of importance and risk.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong pro-active problem solving skills.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· High level of ownership and independence (able to run the office in the absence of the senior for long periods of time)
· Adequate stakeholder management experience (working with Executives)
· Decision Making
· Gaining Commitment
· Initiating Action
· Planning & Organising
· Technical Knowledge