|Location||Richards Bay, South Africa|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2019|
Transport & Logistics
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the
designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section
of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
E-mail : [email protected]
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at
Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Operating Division : TPT Richards Bay MPT
Position Title : driver/">Driver Port Mobile Equipment
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Department : Operations
Location : Richards Bay
Reporting To : Operations manager/">Manager
Grade Level : HRLYJ1
Reference Number : 2000339475
To load, transport and unload all cargo within MPT Richards Bay through the operation of the correct plant and Equipment in
compliance with the applicable standard operating procedure in order to optimize the movement of cargo and reduce
damages thereby increasing terminal profits.
1. Perform daily task on allocated machine prior to commencement of work in order to ensure operational integrity of
2. Complete daily task sheets, record equipment defects and advise supervisor of defects.
3. Replenish fuel and fluid levels of equipment
4. Operate allocated equipment in accordance with applicable standard operating procedure and monitor equipment
performance during performance of the job. Operate Articulated vehicles,tractor/trailer,forklifts trucks,payloader and tip trucks
5. Report accidents or incidents which occur during performance of duty.
6. Ensure correct equipment / attachments are utilised during the performance of duties and change equipment as required
to handle changing commodities.
7. Perform end of shift task.
Qualifications & Experience:
Code 14 (EC License)
Certificate of competence for each machine operated.
Minimum Years Relevant Experience:
# 1 year.
- Safety Standards
- Basic technical
- Apply procedures
Attention to detail
Must be able to read and write.