|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||December 22, 2019|
Doctors without Borders (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation committed to two objectives: providing medical assistance to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, natural and man-made disasters; and speaking out about the plight of the populations assisted. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. Today, MSF is present in more than 70 countries, where thousands of MSF doctors, nurses, logisticians, water-and-sanitation experts, and other medical and non-medical professionals work together to bring essential health services to people caught in humanitarian crises.
The MSF SA Fundraising Team mission is:
To inspire and engage the South African community to take action to save lives around the world through financial support towards MSF projects. MSF SA’s fundraising department is responsible for raising private funding, predominantly from individuals, to support our humanitarian mission and our activities in the Southern African region.
Reporting to Retentions manager and working directly with Donor Retention officer. Donor care Intern will provide an essential personal contact to donors and qualified prospects by handling customer service issues, facilitating donors’ queries and donation upsell & cross-sell requests.
Visions of the post
- By providing quality outbound and inbound care and services to all donor queries via both online and offline channels mainly emails and telephone but not limited to.
- Accurate capturing and recording all donor care requests and queries on the CRM.
- Work with the Donor Care team to archive annual team KPIs and improving donor efficiency.
We are looking for a proactive and efficient individual with outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, strong work ethic and a commitment to confidentiality and high ethical standards. The Donor care Intern will have the ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner, translate donor requests and queries into the most efficient solution to improve MSF’s donor retention and loyalty objectives.
The Donor care Intern will have to be an individual with passion for humanitarian causes, strong customer service focus and excellent attention to details. He or she should be highly computer literate with high-level oral, written communication and strong administration skills.
The Donor care Intern will focus on the following learning areas:
- Customer care practical responsibilities and efficiency
- Customer Relationship system management experience and user administration.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Retention program: daily tasks
- Respond to all incoming enquires and requests from current and prospective donors; updating donors profile and details, cancellation, request for any types of information.
- Record each interaction with donors and update the donor profile accordingly. Record information about individual donors on CRM data base.
- Ensure that all gifts are acknowledged with appropriate and timely correspondence.
2) Retention program: Admin and Reporting tasks
- Update, as required, MSF SA fundraising files, both paper and electronic.
- Work with the Donor Care team to implement the Relationship cycle for Active Regular Donors (RD), Occasional Donors (OC) and Pre-active Regular Donors.
- Work with the Donor care team to improve KPIs of the retention and Loyalty programs.
- Related duties as assigned
- Relevant tertiary qualification in marketing, business administration, public Relations, Communications etc…
Knowledge & Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and a working knowledge of search functions for donor research purposes.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in a timely manner to complete an assignment when faced with many deadlines and competing requirements
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Willingness to learn skills in coordinating and managing personalised Donor relationships.
- Passion for humanitarian causes
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Strong customer service focus and excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated creative thinking, with the ability to take initiative and the willingness to learn