|Location||Brits, South Africa|
|Date Posted||September 15, 2020|
Bearings International is a member of the Hudaco Group and is a Leading distributor of Bearings and Power Transmission products in Southern Africa. We are looking for a well presented, motivated individual to join our dynamic team as a Driver/Storeman to be responsible for Deliveries, unpacking and packing of parcels and also cleaning the branch.
Please note that all job application submissions, whether manual or electronic grants Bearings International full consent to conduct criminal, ITC and all related background check’s against the applicant.
Minimum skills and knowledge required
- Valid code 8 drivers licence
- 1-3 years experience in a related stores environment which supports product knowledge would be an advantage
Behavioural dimensions required
- Well groomed, neat and well presented
- Must have communication skills
- Must be able to think and react on his feet
Brief description of key performance areas
- Planning and carrying out cost-effective, timely deliveries.
- Checking the correctness of the delivery documents and cheques/cash received from customers.
- Completing of log sheets, reading delivery documents and maps and communicating effectively with internal staff and customers.
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices in respect of the vehicles driven.
- Pack and unpack items/goods to be stocked in storeroom.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner.
- Examine and inspect stock item for wear or defects, reporting damage to supervisor.
- Receive and count stock items, reporting discrepancies to supervisor
- Mark stock items as and when needed.
- Ensure correct documentation is available when receving or dispatching stock. Report disparities immediately to supervisor.
- General cleaning of branch.
Should you not receive feedback within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.