|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||September 15, 2020|
AJP Group is a family owned business consisting of some 20 corporate entities (est. 1994). Its primary business is the retail of food and liquor, coupled with a medium-sized retail property component.
The businesses are mostly based in the Eastern districts of the Ekurhuleni Metropolis in the province of Gauteng South Africa
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cutting, grinding, and preparing meats for sale.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- Keeping records, budgets, and inventory.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers.
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
- Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Have previous experience as a Butcher/Blockman
- Have previous experience with food preparation or cutting meat
- The ability to use hand tools, work in cold environments & lift heavy items
- The ability to stand or walk for long periods
- Have knowledge of meet preparation techniques or cuts
- Have good understanding of Inventory Management
- Be physically fit to preform duties
- Knowledge of the OHSA Act
- Be bilingual