Cre8work is looking for a professional and qualified candidate suitable for a Boilermaker position. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- 10 years’ experience.
- Trade test certificate.
- Own reliable transport with valid drivers’ licenses.
- Previous work experience in the manufacturing industry of steelwork and welding.
- Certified welder – must also be able to complete rigging duties.
- Sound knowledge of electrical systems.
- Ensure that equipment in production is performing to optimum requirements, by setting up production equipment and performing preventative and reactive maintenance.
- Attend to boiler making maintenance problems.
- Ensure business goals and targets are reached
- Assemble, fabricate and repair all parts according to the drawing and to the customer’s specifications.
- Make sure that the welding machine is set up correctly so that it does not cause porosity or a bulge, this can cause difficulty for the welders when they need to start welding a job.
- Make sure all jigs that you fabricate are according to drawing and that you have marked it with the correct drawing number.
- Do welding and grinding work on assembled parts as required.
- Return all empty gas cylinders to the gas store whenever you are changing cylinders on your machine.
- Report all shortages; that are supplied to you or that may occur at your station; immediately to your supervisor.
- Report any damaged or broken equipment to your supervisor immediately.
- Keep your work area clean and free of obstructions.
- Adhere to all safety and environmental regulations that have been established by the company.
- Identify all the tools required for tasks.
- Repair and make new fabrication heat exchangers of all types and sizes.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0