AngloGold Ashanti has a vacancy within COO Africa, preferably at the Corporate Office in Johannesburg for a Vice President: Mining. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- A degree qualification in a relevant mining-related discipline
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in the mining industry
- A relevant business qualification (e.g., MBA) will be an advantage
- Sound practical understanding of the entire mining value chain including mining, geotechnical, metallurgy and projects
- Ability to take a three-year mining perspective in managing multiple competing priorities and reconciling these with the Company’s strategic priorities
- Demonstrated strategic and analytic thinking
- Review, monitor and provide guidance to ensure the development of optimized operational mining plans that ensure delivery of the business requirements.
- Ensure that all mining operations are optimizing the use of available resources and equipment to ensure the delivery of the plan.
- Assist in identifying areas for improvement and developing operational blueprints (systems, processes, procedures & tasks) to ensure adherence to plan, and drive operational excellence.
- Develop and implement systems to monitor and benchmark operational performance across all the African operations.
- Managing the provision of timely and capable mining-related services and support to the operations and other disciplines within AGA.
R700 000 a year
Was this helpful?
0 / 0
#AngloGold Ashanti #Mining