2U is searching for a Junior Editor to deliver on the editorial quality assurance of short course content, ensuring alignment with quality standards and styles of the university and 2U. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties, and responsibilities below for further information.
- University qualification in linguistics, English, journalism, Publishing, law or similar, completed in English.
- Excellent written skills, including thorough knowledge of grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation; and comfort working with both UK and US conventions.
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organisational skills: ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a high-pressured environment.
- Edit and proofread written and multimedia course content according to internal quality frameworks and university standards.
- Recommend and implement improvements to department processes with a focus on quality and efficiency.
- Perform quality assessment on modules, give feedback to LDs and brainstorm solutions.
- Proofread and edit written and multimedia course material for correct grammar and spelling.
- Edit course material for logic and accuracy, removing redundant or unnecessary copy, and improving logic and structure.
- Make substantive edits involving fact-checking of obvious errors, and reviewing of formatting and layout to ensure consistency with the relevant style.
- Assess language and tone of course material to ensure that it is written at a level that is appropriate for the intended audience.
- Check documents for consistency of page numbers, figures, captions, tables, etc.
- Assist with the maintenance of the in-house and university-specific style guides to ensure adherence to industry best practice.
R6 000 – R10 000 a month
Was this helpful?
0 / 0
#2U #Junior Editor